Fight joint pain
With the arrival of good weather, there are many people who take the opportunity to go for a walk, go for a walk or play sports. In the pharmacy we find that there is a rebound in patients who ask us for different solutions to avoid pain, specifically joint pain.
Joint pain affects 88% of the population. Its origin is very diverse, the most common is that it is related to arthritis, gout, infections caused by viruses or tendinitis. It affects many people who play sports. It has been shown that there is a direct relationship with muscle pain. We can assure you that, regardless of the cause of the pain, it greatly affects the patient's life and normal movement.
Joints are joints between two bones in different areas of the body, such as the elbows, knees, fingers, wrists, or ankles. There are up to 5 different types of joints. They suffer a lot, from the friction between the bones. To avoid these frictions, the joints have their own lubricant, it is called synovial fluid. The decrease or lack of synovial fluid can cause stiffness, swelling, and pain. In these cases, injections are applied, directly into the joint, of Hyaluronic Acid, the same one used for wrinkles.
Joint pain is closely related to osteoarthritis (and its variant arthritis), which is a deterioration of cartilage regeneration. This loss of cartilage, over time. It leaves the bones unprotected, there is more friction between them, and symptoms such as inflammation, pain, stiffness and difficulty of movement end up appearing. The joints that suffer the most are those of the fingers, hips, ankles, shoulders and, above all, the knees. The knees support the weight of most of the body, are essential for movement, and are the most vulnerable to injury. The probability of experiencing knee pain increases with age, as well as with being overweight or playing sports.
It is very common among those who suffer from joint pain, the use of topical creams . These analgesic creams are very varied. We propose 5 different types of pain creams, according to their active principles:
View all joint pain products
- Glucosamine or chondroitin creams These two active principles help the regeneration of bears, and together with other more analgesic products, they can help reduce pain. A good example of this typology is RS7 .
- Creams with arnica, hypericum, calendula and melaleuca As the Fisiocrem . It is a widely used topical solution to avoid joint (and muscle) pain, especially in people who usually do physical exercise, regardless of age.Can be applied before and after exercise. It is very useful to prevent possible injuries.
See Fisiocrem products
- Voltadol Forte . This treatment contains a powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic, the diclofenac . You only have to apply it 2 times a day. It is used for all kinds of local pain and is a good anti-inflammatory in case of minor injuries. It cannot be applied if you are allergic to aspirin. Diclofenac is also found in gel and tablets under the brand name Voltaren.
- Creams with Cannabidiol (CBD ), come from the extracts of the seeds of Cannabis Sativa. It does not have the narcotic or hallucinogenic effects of the native plant. It is a safe, very new and quite effective solution. Patients who have tried it report that there is a great sense of pain relief. We can find in our pharmacies with the trade names of Cannabisan and the Cannabix .
- Creams that combine the action of Salicylates with Menthol . It is the most numerous range of products to fight against joint pain. The joint effect of those derived from salicylate, which are properly analgesic, and menthol, which has a cold effect that greatly alleviates joint pain. Among the products with this combination you can find the Bengay , the Flexall , the Baume Saint-Bernard , the Inongan , Kamol and lately Osteo Bi-flex in cream. There are also in patches, to apply in the area of pain, such as Salon Pas or the Baume Saint-Bernard . They cannot be applied if you are allergic to aspirin.
See product Kamol crème de massage 100g
We have seen that it improves the effectiveness of creams, if they are combined with oral treatment. Among the food supplements that can help, we find Osteo Bi-flex, Progen or RS7.
- 10% direct discount buying 3 units.
A final recommendation, after applying the creams and gels that we have mentioned before, you must clean your hands and avoid contact with the eyes, mucous membranes or wounds.
Joan Carles Taboada Calvo. Pharmacist
Me ha ido genial, llevo años buscando productos nuevos y lo que recomendáis tiene muy buena pinta.
Un artículo muy interesante!